Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friday Date Night at the Johnson's

So on Friday, Troy decided to treat me to a little date night. Which was super nice of him because we really haven't had a good date night in a while. We always are so busy doing something or too tired to go out and do something. And with me being pregnant, I a lot of the times, don't feel like going out.
But that night I was feeling adventerous! It all started off with me making a nice little dinner. We have been trying to do better and watching what we eat and me making more homemade meals so we don't spend money on fast food and spend it on paying bills or saving it. I think we have been doing a pretty good job.
So on Friday I made what's called Cool Vegetable Pizza.
It's a recipe that you find in those children's cook books to help them learn how to cook and teach them how to cook good healthy meals. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

1 can crescent rolls (I used 2 cans)
2 (8oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softenend (I only used one, more healthy and get the same taste)
1-1/2 Tbls. Miracle whip or mayonnaise
Small pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste

Substitute pasta sauce for cream cheese mixture.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12" stone or pizza pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray and sprinkle it evenly with 1 tblsp. yellow cornmeal. Spread dough on stone or cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely. Blend above ingredients and spread on cooled crust.

Top with finely chopped vegetables.
Suggestions:
Celery, Broccoli
Zucchini, Green Onions
Mushrooms, Tomatoes, seeded
Red Peppers, Cucumbers, seeded
Green Peppers, Carrots

Sprinkle over cheese mixtures. Refrigerate to chill. Serve.
The finished product. It was bigger. I decided to take a picture after we had eaten half of it.I was kind of skeptical if Troy would like it, cause it didn't have any meat, but he really enjoyed it! So I was pleased.

Afterwards, Troy suggested we go take a stroll on the Newport beach and pier. I was up for it, so we went. It was nice. Just the two of us enjoying each other's company and holding hands, laughing and talking. It was great! Reminded me of when we were dating. I love spending time with him like that.
After that, I wanted something sweet. So he was running ideas by me, and I thought we had settled on a $1 cone at McDonald's, but then he said he had a great idea, and proceeded to drive to Stater Brother's.
He got a cart and when we were inside, I asked him what great idea he was thinking of and he said, we are going to make our own Banana Splits! So lets get the ingrediants! So we got ice cream, nuts, banana's, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, cherries, whip cream (so much for being healthy right?), and a few other things to put in the mix. So we checked out and rushed home to make them. Troy of course took over and I just handed him things to put in. The end result?Can you say YUM! So we sat down and ate it and tried to fight off the animals for it as well. The end result after that?Yep! Ate the whole darn thing, except for that measly graham cracker. It was awesome!
We then just settled on the couch and watched a movie and snuggled. Overall, it was a great night with great food, desert and best of all, WONDERFUL company.
I am a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment